Next year, the year 2010, is sure to hold a great deal of excitement and festivities as we celebrate Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras 2010 is going to be an interesting time of celebration. Why? For one thing, Mardi Gras is always interesting. But here are a few facts regarding Mardi Gras 2010 you may not realize…
- The 2010 Mardi Gras celebration marks the 173rd year of parading in New Orleans.
- The 2010 parade season will be the fourth since Hurricane Katrina occurred, and will be sure to mark the highest number of visitors to New Orleans since.
- A film entitled Mardi Gras will be released in theaters on February 19, 2010 – three days after Mardi Gras day.
- Mardi Gras 2010 happens two days after the Chinese New Year for 2010.
- The oldest Mardi Gras krewe, Rex, will mark it’s 138th year of parading.
As Mardi Gras day draws nearer, we’re sure to see many more interesting developments. Until then, we can’t wait until Fat Tuesday!