The 2011 Louisiana Cajun-Zydeco Festival is a part of the 2011 Vieux To Do in the French Quarter.
If you're a fan of that good ol' Louisiana sound, then you need to be at the 2011 Louisiana Cajun-Zydeco Festival this Saturday and Sunday, June 11th and 12th at the Old U.S. Mint.
Several of Louisiana's favorites will be there, including Grammy winners BeauSoleil, Terrance Simien and Chubby Carrier. The Festival will have 3 stages available, and musicians will perform from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Here is a complete list of the performing musicians:
- Joe Hall & the La. Cane Cutters
- Bruce Daigrepont
- Step Rideau & The Zydeco Outlaws
- Terrance Simien & The Zydeco Experience
- T-Broussard & the Zydeco Steppers
- Les Freres Michot
- Roddie Romero & the Hub City Allstars
- Lost Bayou Ramblers
- Creole Zydeco Farmers
- Terry & the Zydeco Bad Boyz
- Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots
- High Performance
- The Bluerunners
- Nathan Williams & the Zydeco Cha Chas
- Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band
- Leroy Thomas & the Zydeco Roadrunners
- Ray Abshire
- Horace Trahan & the Ossun Express
- BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet
- Mary Broussard & Sweet La La
- The Magnolia Sisters
- Big Red & the Zydeco Playmakers
Please note that the Festival does not allow audio or video recording of the performances.
Looking for something other than music - or maybe just a chance to get out of the sun? See the documentary film The Promised Land: A Swamp Pop Journey at La Maison du Musique (508 Frenchmen Street) to see some of the musical heroes of Southwest Louisiana. You can see the film on Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m.