The sounds of jazz music will once again flow through the air of Armstrong Park.
The free concert series is a favorite among both locals and visitors.
There will be food trucks to keep your energy levels up, a kids' section that includes face-painting and a moon bounce, as well as craft vendors for all shopping and gift giving needs. (It’s never too early to start shopping for Christmas – hint, hint.) You can even make your groceries while you’re there. The outdoor Marketplace will be there selling fresh produce and other grocery items.
Jazz In The Park is on Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm. The park is located at 701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116. There is street parking nearby, it’s within walking distance of the French Quarter, and it’s a major stop on several bus routes.
Spring 2016 Lineup
- April 14 - Amanda Shaw and Sunpie & the Louisiana Sunspots
*Note-due to weather conditions this week's concert has been moved to Friday, April 15
- April 21 - Kermit Ruffins & the Barbeque Swingers and King James & The Special Men
- April 28 - New Orleans Jazz Orchestra featuring Irvin Mayfieldand The N’awlins Johnnys
*Note-this week’s closing act will start at 7:30 and run till 9:00 to accommodate Jazz Fest attendees who want to attend Jazz in the Park to see New Orleans Jazz Orchestra featuring Irvin Mayfield.
- May 5 - Davell Crawfordand Stephanie Jordan
- May 12 - Bag of Donuts and Preservation Hall Brass Band
- May 19 - Honey Island Swamp Bandand Zion Trinity: Darcy Malone & the Tangle
- May 26 - James Andrewsand Colin Lake
- June 2 - Rockin Dopsieand Sporty & the Big Shots
- June 9 - Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen + Mainline