St. Louis Cathedral Christmas concerts are in full swing
Performers outside of St. Louis Cathedral. Photo courtesy of New Orleans Tourism and Marketing Corp.
For many in New Orleans, the December concert series at the St. Louis Cathedral is a beloved tradition. Every year, a wide range of vocalists and musicians from New Orleans perform in the well-known venue, continuing what is now the oldest continuously active Roman Catholic basilica in North America.
Hundreds of people line the historic cathedral’s pews, enjoying musical performances ranging from blues, folk and jazz to opera, gospel and country. It’s a unique line-up of entertainment for a unique city. The performers are all locals, or at least have local roots. And since New Orleans is filled with an abnormally large number of talented musicians, you can bet money that whatever concert you choose to attend is going to be great.
All performances begin at 8 p.m. in St. Louis Cathedral, and all are free to the public. Seating is first come first serve, so be sure to get there early if there’s a concert you really want to see!
Here’s the series line-up for the rest of the month:
- Dec. 9 St. Louis Cathedral Boys Choir (Classical)
- Dec. 10 Audrey Ferguson & Voices of Distinction (Gospel)
- Dec. 11 John Fohl, Theresa Andersson and David Doucet (Blues/Folk/Cajun)
- Dec. 12 Ellis Marsalis (Jazz)
- Dec. 13 McDonogh #35 Senior High School (Gospel)
- Dec. 14 Jim McCormick and Kim Carson (Country/Folk)
- Dec. 16 St. Peter Claver Catholic Church (Gospel)
- Dec. 17 Bill Solley and Kim Prevost (Jazz)
- Dec. 18 Greater Antioch Full Gospel Baptist Choir
- Dec. 20 Christian Unity (Gospel)
- Dec. 21 Orleans Chamber Singers (Classical)
- Dec. 22 Rev. Jermaine Landrum & Abundant Praise Choir (Gospel)
- Dec. 23 Rev. Lois J. Dejean, Gospel Diva (Gospel)
Apr 13, 2015Free, cheap things to do outside the French Quarter
Mar 26, 2015Spring Break In New Orleans
Mar 09, 2015New Orleans Like A Tourist
Mar 02, 201510 Classic New Orleans Songs
Feb 26, 2015The best things to do in New Orleans
Jan 12, 20152015 Jazz Fest Lineup
Jan 02, 2015Things to do in New Orleans in January
Jan 02, 2015Pelicans Thank Fans with Discounts
Dec 30, 2014New Year's week things to do in New Orleans
Dec 15, 2014Win Tickets to Wizard World
Dec 02, 2014Things to Do December 1 - 7
Nov 24, 2014Things to Do Thanksgiving week