Marinated Crab Salad
This recipe is from New Orleanian Deborah Blancher...enjoy!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/16 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 basil
- 1 tbs fresh minced parsley
- 1 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 pound crabmeat
- Combine all ingredients except the crabmeat in a stainless steel or porcelain bowl (marinades develop a metallic taste in most other materials).
- Mix thoroughly, then add the crabmeat.
- Toss gently with a fork until thoroughly mixed and moistened.
- Cover with plastic bowl & refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Continue to mix at intervals.
Serve well-chilled. Serves 4. (Will last up to 5 days in refrigerator.)
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.