This tasty recipe was submitted by Arthur F. Dorr.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 t sugar
- powdered sugar
- 5 qts vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 pints strawberries
- In a bowl, mix water and beaten egg.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder salt and sugar.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter mixture in 350-degree oil until brown on one side. Turn over until brown on other side (3 1/2 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on a towel. Sprinkle powered sugar on beignets.
- Puree the strawberries with the sugar.
- Place the strawberry mix on the beignets.
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.