New Orleans Recipes
Here’s a collection of our favorite New Orleans recipes. The list includes Cajun food recipes passed down from generation to generation, recipes for popular New Orleans dishes, and many other great, mouth-watering recipes that your whole family will love.
We hope you enjoy these recipes that have been submitted to us by our friends, displaced Cajuns, and native New Orleanians. Please send us your favorite recipes and we’ll add the best to the list.
Remember, the best Louisiana recipes start with Certified Louisiana Wild Caught seafood.
- Jambalaya submitted by Sue Wagner of Honey Island Swamp
- Jambalaya Submitted by Andy
- Jambalaya Over Rice Submitted by Jessica Bankson
- Praline Sundae submitted by GumboShop.com
- Bread Pudding submitted by Sharon Dooley, a New Orleans teacher
- Madeline's Cherry Bread Pudding submitted by Pete Grigor, a displaced Cajun
- Strawberry Beignets taste great!
- Praline Candy For sweets lovers!
- Beignets (Creole Doughnuts) from "Deck O'Meals" published by Buddy Kivett
Other Popular New Orleans Recipes
- Mirliton Dressing submitted by Brenda Marinello, a New Orleans native and teacher at St. Catherine
- Oysters Rockefeller submitted by Helen Seago
- Crawfish Boil submitted by Leonce Collins
- Red Beans and Rice with Beer Bread submitted by Neil Dronet of Cajun Brew
- Crabmeat Imperial submitted by Dick English, an offshore drilling rig cook
- Marinated Crab Salad submitted by Deborah Blancher, New Orleanian
- Oyster Pie submitted by Pattie Joslin
- A Winter Fast Day Soup, or "Potage Maigre d'Hiver," submitted by Richard Tuttle
- Boeuf au Mi-Sel, Corned Beef submitted by Richard Tuttle
- Creole Sauce from "Southern Cooking" Deck O'Meals--great New Orleans recipes!
- Evangeline's Stuffed Crabs submitted by Pat K!
- Oyster Dressing! Who submitted this one? If you know, let us know! It's a good one!
- Barbecued Shrimp submitted by Janet Dillingham
- Cajun Cabbage submitted Shelagh R. Mercer
- Cajun Meatloaf Yum! It's a classic.
- Cajun Deer Steak submitted by Heather Lindsey
- Crab Cakes submitted by Smokey Korn
- Crab Dip Makes a great appetizer!
- Vinaigrette Dressing Submitted by Brenda Marinello
- Okra Stew Submitted by Marshall Cochrane
- Crawfish Casserole Submitted by Chris (Dugie) Dugas
- Corn and Crabmeat Soup Submitted by Stephanie from Da Parish
- Barbequed Shrimp Submitted by Bobbi Mannino
For more recipes, please visit the recipes page on NewOrleansRestaurants.com. There you can find some of the best recipes from premier New Orleans restaurants and their talented chefs.