Evangeline's Stuffed Crabs
Trina Velich's recipe
This was the original recipe from Evangeline Restaurant in Pascagoula. Ms. Trina said not to add green pepper to crabmeat because it took away the taste of the crabs.
- 4 lbs. crabmeat (2 special & 2 claw)
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- Parsley (About 1/4 cup, chopped or 1 tbl)
- Green onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Celery, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Bread crumbs (day-old bread or French bread)
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire (1 tbl or to taste)
- Pepper (1/8 tea.)
- Tabasco (dash)
- Fish fry mix
- Saute vegetables in melted butter.
- Add to rest of mixture and form into crab shells.
- Deep fry (1 egg into this mixture is optional).
Yields about 20 stuffed crabs.
May use as stuffing for fish...or place in a buttered casserole dish and bake!
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.