Serve with sausages or chops for a complete meal.
I hope that y'all enjoy this recipe! It is especially good if you are on a special meal plan and watching calories, etc.
Submitted by Shelagh R. Mercer
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage (1 litre)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (540ml/19oz) tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
- 1/4 tsp dried oragano (1 ml)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 ml)
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (1 ml)
- 1/2 cup frozen kernel corn (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans (1125 ml)
- In a large pot, combine cabbage, onion, tomatoes, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and beans.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through
Makes 4 servings.
Single serving information:
- 1 1/2 fruits & vegetable servings
- 17 g carbohydrate
- 3 g protein
- 0 g fat
- 328 kilojoules (78 calories)
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.