Cajun Deer Steak
This recipe is from Heather Lindsey, who says, "This is very good and everyone has liked it so far. It is not technically Cajun, as my northwestern husband is the one who dreamed it up. But it is sooo good. We also make creamy mashed potatoes and zucchini to go with it. Happy eating."
- Thinly sliced deer steak, pounded
- Schilling Cajun spice blend
- Pound steak well.
- Heat a small amount of oil in the skillet on med/med. high.
- Sprinkle spice on steak, as much or as little as you like.
- Coat in flour.
- Fry in oil until very well done, but not overcooked into jerky!
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.