Jambalaya by Andy
This recipe was inspired by my visits to a New Orleans-style restaurant in Detroit, Michigan called "Fishbone's Rhythm Kitchen." It's not identical to their jambalaya recipe, but it tides me over between my infrequent visits!
- One 14 1/2oz Can Chicken Broth
- 2 C Instant Rice
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
- One 6OZ Can Tomato Paste
- 1/2LB. Pre-cooked Shrimp
- 1/2LB. Smoked Andouille or a Spicy Cajun Sausage
- 1/3t Liquid Smoke
- 1/3 Bottle of "Try Me" Shrimp and Lobster Sauce (a Riley Foods Product, made in New Orleans)
- 4 to 6 Sliced Green Onions
- Cook Sausage
- Cook rice in chicken broth
- Chop up tomatoes a bit by running knife through them while in can.
- Combine all ingredients except green onions and heat to serving temperature.
- Top with green onions prior to serving.