Submitted by Helen Seago
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 large bunch spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 small bunch parsley
- l bunch green onions
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 2 or 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 ounce absinthe
- bread crumbs
- 1 dozen oysters and oyster shells
- ice cream salt
- Grind up spinach, parsley, and onions. Drain off juice.
- Cook 10 minutes in pot with 1/4 pound butter.
- Add Worchestershire sauce, Tabasco, and ketchup.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add absinthe, and then enough bread crumbs to thicken to pastry consistency.
- Wash shells with water only, and place on ice cream salt.
- Place oysters in shells eye to eye.
- Put prepared mix on oysters in shell.
- Broil in oven under fire or heating element about 10 minutes with oven open. Watch closely.
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.