You just may want to make a double batch, because y'all will love this. It's a hit every time we make it. If you're not from Louisiana, you may want to leave out the cayenne pepper.
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 bundle of green onion
- 1-2 stalks celery
- 1/4 bellpepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
You must sweat the okra using the following process:
- On medium heat, melt margarine in a 5-quart Dutch oven.
- Add cut vegetables and saute until onions start to clear and become soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add crawfish tails and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and add cayenne, black pepper, cream of muchroom soup, and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and put into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.
- Serves about 5.
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.