Jambalaya Over Rice
This is a jambalaya that you can add to or take away from. Let the seasonings be your guide and use your imagination!
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper (for all bell peppers, cut small strips, then cut these in half)
- 10 small banana peppers (cut ends off)
- 1 whole garlic clove (diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 6 Polish sausages (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 15-20 jumbo whole shrimp
- 2 cans red beans
- 1 can corn niblets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Creole seasonings (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- Start with heated oil. Add onion, garlic, and sausage. Sautee with sauces and spices.
- Add all peppers.
- Let simmer until onions and peppers soften.
- Add tomatoes and 1-2 cans of water.
- Let it come to a boil, then add beans, corn and parsley flakes.
- Boil rapidly and flavor to taste.
- When sausage rises to top, add shrimp and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.