Sue's Honey Island Jambalaya
This is the most delicious jambalaya I've ever tasted! You'll love it!
- 2 lbs Italian/green onion sausage (crumbled). Saute in large pan.
- 3 packs frozen chopped seasoning (bell pepper, onion, celery). Brown the above together and skim off any excess grease.
- Season to taste with garlic powder, Tony Chachere's or other full-bodied seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 1-2 cans Rotel tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth or stock to cover (about 3" above seasoning/meat mixture).
- Cover and simmer a few minutes.
- Add 1-3 cups of any meat or shellfish as desired....shrimp, crawfish, turkey, chicken, etc.
- Cover and simmer some more!
- Add 2-4 cups of rice (Uncle Ben's works great!), depending on how large your pot is.
- Cover and cook on "high" for 15 minutes or so; then turn down and cool, stirring occasionally until tender!
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.