This wonderful recipe was donated to us by Dick English, a cook on the offshore drilling rig Rowan Anchorage. Dick is one of those good ol' cooks who can make anything taste better. For those who don't realize it, the cooking on the offshore drilling rigs is excellent. Those cooks feed an average of 55-60 people per meal...four meals a day!
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 cups of green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of pimentos, chopped fine
- 2 pounds of lump crab meat
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter over low heat and stir in flour. Cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add celery and mushrooms.
- Continue cooking while adding parsley, green onions and pimentos.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture into individual baking dishes and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake until brown in 350-degree oven.
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.