Submitted by Brenda Marinello
This recipe will make one pint of vinaigrette.
- 2 to 3 toes of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 2 to 3 tsp of Creole mustard (Zatarain's or Grey Poupon. Do NOT use yellow mustard!)
- 2 tsp of honey, syrup, sugar (only one of these) dissolved in the vinegar, plus one artificial sweetener packet
- 1 tsp of Worchestershire sauce
- A few dashes of Tabasco or any other hot sauce
- Oil to fill up the rest of the pint jar ( I use a mixture of olive oil and Canola oil)
- Optional: You may add 1 or 2 mashed anchovies or anchovy paste
- Place all ingredients except oil in the jar and stir with a spoon, then add your oil and shake to blend.
- Taste to adjust for more salt, sugar, etc.
- Spoon onto your salad greens and add a generous amount of freshly grated Romano cheese.
- Have plenty of bread with this salad, for everyone can sop up the dressing from their empty salad plate!!
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
Try our Recipe Menu for more fantastic New Orleans recipes.