2011's 38th Annual Bayou Classic marks both the return of past traditions and the beginning of new ones. Grambling State and Southern University will once again meet in their annual gridiron match-up, but this year they will meet in the newly renovated and re-named Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With additional seating capacity, more fans will be allowed to witness the event live than ever before!
This year also marks the return of the Thanksgiving Day Parade, which is scheduled to start at the Superdome. The parade will include several participants and guests, including members of the legendary Mardi Gras krewe, the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club. Fans can catch the parade along the course from the Superdome to the French Market.
After last year’s win, Grambling has a slight edge in the wins column for the historical matchup. Expect to see Southern University ready to even the standings.
2011 Bayou Classic Event Schedule
Thursday, November 22nd
Thanksgiving Day Parade
- From 4 – 6 p.m. The parade will proceed from the Superdome to the French Market
Friday, November 23rd
- Coaches Luncheon (Invite Only)
Battle of the Bands and Greek Show
- Starting at 7 p.m. in the Superdome
My Bayou Classic Empowerment Exchange
- Career Fair, College Fair, Health Fair and Technology Village
Bayou Classic Golf Tournament
- Starting at 9 a.m. at the Joe Bartholomew Golf Course
Saturday, November 26th
- Starts at 10 a.m. in Champions Square
State Farm Bayou Classic
- Kickoff at 1:30 p.m. in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Sunday, November 27th
Inspirational Gospel Brunch
- Starting at 11 a.m. at Harrah’s Theatre