New Orleans is host to music festivals, film festivals, concerts, arts showings, and kid-friendly events in October.
October is nearly here, and New Orleans has lots of events to celebrate the arrival of cooler weather. Experience New Orleans will cover these events more in detail as the time draws closer, but take a look at everything that is going on!
- Oktoberfest – Saturday, October 1st at Broussard’s in the French Quarter. For more info, check out the Oktoberfest details page.
- Art for Arts’ Sake – Saturday, October 1st along Magazine Street, Camp Street and Julia Street. Look for the Julia Street Party Saturday night from the 300 to 600 blocks between 6 – 9 p.m.
- Taylor Swift – Country Music’s poster child will be in town Wednesday, October 5th. This event is already sold out, so hang on to those tickets if you already have ‘em!
- Gretna Fest – Music fans who do not already have tickets to Taylor Swift can look forward to Gretna Heritage Festival, October 7th – 9th. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Grand Funk Railroad , the former lead singer of Bad Company, Cowboy Mouth, Galactic and many more bands will rock the festival grounds.
- Oktoberfest – Experience 2 big weekends of Oktoberfest with the Deutches Haus in Kenner – October 14th – 16th and 21st – 23rd
- Wooden Boat Festival – Journey on up to the North Shore in Madisonville to celebrate the craftsmanship of the wooden boat. Over 30,000 boat enthusiasts are expected. October 15th – 16th
- New Orleans Film Festival – After celebrating the festival’s biggest year yet in 2010, the New Orleans Film Festival is more than ready to get 2011 off to a good start. NOFF will October 14th – 20th.
- Sesame Street Live – See the classic television show on the stage at the New Orleans Arena from October 20th – 22nd
- Boo at the Zoo – If you’re looking for a family-friendly way to celebrate the fall season with your kids, check out the “Boo at the Zoo” event at the Audubon Zoo. Available 2 weekends: October 21st & 22nd and October 28th & 29th
- Voodoo Experience – City Park turns into a rock venue and art house for three days at the end of the month, featuring headline acts such Soundgarden, Blink-182, The Raconteurs, and Snoop Dogg. October 28th – 30th
Whatever your entertainment preferences, October has something to offer. Get out there and have a good time!